Do you qualify?

Anyone resident within the geographical parish boundary or on the electoral roll of either Parish is entitled to be married in the Parish church. Anyone who has a close connection with the church may be married if they have a ‘qualifying connection’ under the 2008 ‘special measure’ - information on that is shown below.

Your Wedding

We are delighted that you are thinking of one of our Benefice churches for your wedding; they each have an individual character and charm.

The Marriage Service

The full text of a typical marriage service is available here from the Church of England website HERE.
The Church of England's wedding website HERE offers help and guidance for you in terms of planning for the big day.


There is a non-refundable deposit of £100 to ensure your wedding date is held and this is payable when the booking is taken full weddings fees range from £509.00 to £734.00 - the deposit will count towards the final fee for your wedding. Payment may be made over some months but the balance should be paid at least one month before the wedding date.
Please make cheques payable to "High Wych PCC" for St. James, or to "Gilston & Eastwick PCC" for St. Mary and St. Botolph.

Qualifying connections

A couple have the right to be married in the church where one or both are resident in the Parish or entered on the electoral roll. The New Measure takes account of the increased mobility of the general population and make provision for couples that have a "qualifying connection" with a particular church to marry in it.


If one of you were baptised in the parish:
OR had his / her confirmation entered in a church register book of a church in the parish:
OR has at any time lived in the parish for at least 6 months:
OR has at any time habitually attended public worship for at least 6 months
OR a parent has at any time during that person's lifetime:
Had his or her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months:
OR habitually attended public worship in the parish for at least 6 months
OR a Parent or grandparent has been married in the Parish church